How to make a PenDrive Bootable. To make a PenDrive Bootable, we can use both Rufus and CMD. Here is the best method to create a Bootable PenDrive. Rufus is a seemingly simple, but very excellent tool for Windows that handles lots of works for USB drives. We will use Rufus to make our USB Drive Bootable
How to make a PenDrive Bootable (Create a Bootable USB Drive)
Today I will show you how to make PenDrive Bootable installing any OS in it. Making a PenDrive Bootable is not that hard. To make a PenDrive Bootable we can use both Rufus and CMD. There are methods too but here in this tutorial, we will be using Rufus. With Rufus, we will be able to make our PenDrive Bootable easily. Now without any further delay, let’s get started.
To make a PenDrive Bootable we need a PenDrive which has the capacity of minimum 4 GB. You also need an OS for it. So, download the OS from a trusted website.
In this method, I will use an OS called Kali Linux. This method is same for other Operating Systems too. You can download the image file of Kali Linux from its Official Site. To download the image of Kali, go visit this Link. Download any image that is suitable for you.
In this method, I will use a software called Rufus to make the USB Flash drive Bootable. To download Rufus, click on this Link.
Now, follow the following steps:
- Insert your PenDrive or a USB flash drive which you want to make it Bootable.
- Then open Rufus.
- In the device section select your PenDrive or USB flash drive.
- In Partition scheme and target system type, leave as it is.
- In System type, select NTFS.
- In cluster section, leave as it is.
- In New Volume label, write any name or leave as it is.
- Now in Format Options, select 2 Passes.
- Then in the box below browse into your downloaded OS and hit Ok.
- Then click on Start.
- It will give some Warning! messages after you click on Start.
- It will take some time to successfully make your PenDrive Bootable. Till then have a coffee or have a visit to other posts of mine.
- After it is finished, it say’s Ready, now your PenDrive is ready to boot.
The method is same for Windows and other Operating Systems too. Hope you liked this. If you have any confusions then please do comment. See you all in the next article!